Friday, February 18, 2005

The Grippe

I really don't think the term 'flu' fits how horrible it makes you feel. I prefer the German word 'Grippe.' It sounds scarier. I guess 'influenza' sounds scary too, but no one refers to it as that.

I'm just gonna say it - Last week, the Grippe got me. Right at the end of my semester. The Grippe also attacked over half of the people I know...it was certainly an epidemic. For a few moments, I thought it could have been bioterrorism targeting the Americans...but I rethought that one as a bit too farfetched. It's just apparent that the high level of stress at the end of the semester made our bodies much more vulnerable.

It's all over the city. I saw three people this morning on the U-bahn with face masks on. These people must be afraid of the Grippe. I would be too...but I already got it.

Be afraid, be very afraid...the Grippe is here.

No comments: